Our seventh episode features Thelonious Martin, a young producer and DJ from Chicago. Thelonious is a member of the Save Money crew (Chance the Rapper, Vic Mensa), and has produced for everyone from Chance to Curren$y, Action Bronson to Mac Miller, and Pro Era to Odd Future. Thelonious—who also spent time in New Jersey—was responsible for all of the beats on Jersey rapper RetcH’s cult classic Polo Sporting Goods, and has released several of his own full-length projects.
His episode was easily the biggest party we’ve had yet, & he seemed to really get the spirit of the So Many Shrimp Radio experience, mixing old school, new school, soul, hip-hop and pop music. If you want to hear more from him, his instrumental project A Dozen for Dilla dropped just last month; and you can hear 2014’s Wünderkid on SoundCloud and iTunes. He also DJs around Chicago all the time, at spots like East Room.
Intro music for Part 2 by @_iLLeeT
Part 1 is a mix by David with Charne Graham.
Recorded live from Drake’s Place in Logan Square, Chicago, Sunday March 5, 2017 and engineered by Nick the Roommate. Co-produced with Swim Team.
David & Charne’s Tracklist:
1. GoldLink feat. Brent Faiyaz and Shy Glizzy – Crew
2. Joe Gifted feat. Frontstreet – Water
3. YP feat. Twista – Stop
4. Hovey Benjamin feat. Marvel Alexander – Sweet Sixteen
5. Marcos Valle – Dia D
6. Tony Cartel – Less Is More
7. Arion Mosley – Bitch I Love To Trap
8. Leon Ware – Rockin’ You Eternally
9. Big Pun feat. Cuban Link – Must Be the Music
10. A-Wax – Check 1, 2
11. THEY. – U-RITE
12. Brian Fresco – I Meant It
13. Montana of 300 – Ice Cream Truck
14. CHXPO – BVNDGXD
15. Marcos Valle – Bicho No Cio
16. NewAgeMuzik feat. Dami Bones, Kamo, Prince & Notch – Da Beat
17. Egypt – Believe
18. The Jacka – African Warrior
19. Alwoo and Rondae – Halftime
20. DoobieDaLil – Let ‘Em Know
21. J. Stalin – Try Again Tomorrow